Gen 1.3: Spring Startup Checklist
1. Connect power to unit
- Plug unit into GFCI outlet
2. Confirm clean drum and run INSpection cycle. Confirm pump pressure.
- Check drum and clean if needed.
- Check and clean pump intake filter if needed.
- If tank is empty, fill 1/2 full with fresh water only (no insecticide).
- Update controller with level: MAINTENANCE Menu, LEVEL. Push and hold Green ► for 5 seconds, then use ▲ arrow to set level to half-full (4 bars).
- Run INSpect cycle: Maintenance Menu, INS; Push and hold Green ► for 5 seconds; Unit will fill and mist for 5 minutes or until stopped.
- Confirm pump pressure is 250 psi (on smallest zone). If necessary, adjust pump pressure at screw in port located at left rear corner of unit. Use a flathead screwdriver, turning clockwise to increase pressure and counter clockwise to reduce pressure.
- Stop INSpect.
3. Inspect element in nozzle circuit filter and replace if necessary.
4. Inspect nozzle circuit for max flow and leaks<
- Run Inspect (INS from Maintenance Menu)
- Confirm all nozzles spraying properly and that mist is clear of landscaping.
- Replace tips on nozzles that are not spraying properly. (Target is 40 ml/min)
- Press red MENU/STOP button to stop INSpect routine.
- If system is zoned, perform for both zones.
5. Check Nozzle Circuit and Treated Area
- No plant burn
- No staining fence, decks or siding
- Tubing and transition protection is in good shape
- Inspect and adjust tree clamps and nozzles
- Inspect for conducive breeding conditions
6. Add Insecticide, Top Off Drum, Reset Level to Full
- Calculate required volume of insecticide using the Dosing and Days to Empty Calculator
- Add insecticide through large bung with a funnel
- Top off drum with water. Maintain air gap of 6″ between hose and fluid level.
- Do not overfill. Stop filling when level is 4″ from top.
- MAINTENANCE Menu, LEVEL
- Press and hold Green ► button for 5 secs, then use arrow keys to set level to full (8 bars)
7. Confirm Day/Time and Mist Cycles
- DAY/TIME Menu; Set Day and Time. (note AM and PM); Exit by pressing Menu button.
- CYCLES Menu; Blinking C# identifies each automatic mist cycle with current mist duration and mist time; Set mist duration and time (note AM/PM)
8. Set System Mode
- With the display showing day, time and level, press Green ► button to position the ▲ at top of display pointing to active System Mode.
- OFF – daily agitation cycle only
- ON – remote and manual, but no programmed mist
- AUTO Everyday – mist schedule runs daily. This is the most common System Mode.
- AUTO Custom – mist program run on days configured in CUSTOM PGM
9. Cover Unit
- Confirm System Mode is set as desired. AUTO Everyday is the most common mode.
- Fit elastic of waterproof cover bottom under lip along edge of drum.