Gen 3: Confirm Bellows Pump is Pumping
Note: In this video, you will see water with red food coloring (rather than insecticide concentrate) moving through the clear tubing on the discharge side of the bellows pump. There is a brief shot of the bellows pump in operation (0:12 – 0:19) that you will not be able to see unless you remove the sidewalls.
- Remove fasteners securing controller to black plastic shroud.
- Lift the controller to a position where you can observe the clear tubing on the right side of the dosing pump leading into the batch tank.
- Activate a manual dosing charge. Navigate to the MAINTENANCE Menu -> CHG -> hold down green button.
- If the dosing pump is working you will observe a pulsing flow of insecticide in the clear tubing. If line has been cleared (for Winterization), it may take a couple of minutes to prime the pump and observe the flow. Try running the CHG 2-3 more times.
If there is no flow in the clear line from the dosing pump to the batch tank:
- Check the vintage of your bellows pump. Refer to the figure below. Notice the differences in the pump head hose connections and blue portion of the pump.
- If your pump is pre-2016 (the pump on the right in the figure), replace the dosing pump (See Gen 3: Replace Bellows Pump).
- If your pump is 2016 to current (the pump in the left in the figure), replace the valves in the pump head. (See Gen 3: Replace Valves in Bellows Pump).