Gen 3: How Bottle Level Display Works
The displayed level of concentrate remaining in the bottle is calculated and not measured.
- The factors used in the calculation are the Starting Level (entered in the controller when filling the unit) and information about the dosing pump – Dosing Pump Target Flow Rate and Dosing Pump Run Time (which is calculated based on the MIX Ratio and size of the previous batch)
- New Level = Old Level – (Dosing Pump Target Flow Rate x Dosing Pump Run Time of last batch makeup cycle)
- The unit will stop misting when the displayed level is zero.
- Because it is a calculated rather than measured value, there may be a difference between the displayed level and the actual level. See Gen 3: Displayed Bottle Level does not match Actual Level
- It is possible for the unit to run with an empty bottle if the actual level is zero, but the displayed level is positive. This will not harm the dosing pump.